Online purchase is temporarily unavailable. Please contact Gabriela Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org to order the publication.
Johnson, K. E., & Hall, J. K. (2010). Understanding heritage and domestic language learners. University Park, PA. CALPER Publications.
Understanding Heritage and Domestic Language Learners combines case-based learning with multimedia technology. It is organized around six conceptual strands:
- Descriptions of learners' backgrounds and prior experiences
- Perceptions of heritage/domestic definitions and distinctions
- Motivation for language study
- Perspectives on their strengths/weaknesses as language learners
- Descriptions of learners' plans for the future
The resource provides a window into actual language classrooms, showcasing the complexities of addressing the needs of both heritage and domestic learners in the same language classroom.